YOU AGREE THAT BY USING THE SITE, ANY APPLICATIONS, AND THE SERVICES YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND YOU ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT.
LegalPlusPlan.com provides an online legal portal to give visitors access to Legal Plus Plan services provided by provider Law Firms.
Legal Plus Plan and its Services are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney.
At no time is an attorney-client relationship fostered or created with Legal Plus Plan through the performance of any services.
This Site is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship, and your use of Legal Plus Plan does not and will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Legal Plus Plan.
When you open an account to use or access certain portions of the Site, Applications, or the Services, you must provide complete and accurate information as requested on the registration form. You will also be asked to provide a user name and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not use a third party's account, user name or password at any time. You agree to notify Legal Plus Plan immediately of any unauthorized use of your account, user name or password. Legal Plus Plan shall not be liable for any losses you incur as a result of someone else's use of your account or password, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Legal Plus Plan, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and representatives due to someone else's use of your account or password.
2. Ownership. This Site and Applications are owned and operated by Legal Plus Plan, Inc. All right, title and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site and Applications, including but not limited to information, documents, logos, graphics, sounds and images (the "Materials") are owned either by Legal Plus Plan or by our respective third party authors, developers or vendors ("Third Party Providers"). Except as otherwise expressly provided by Legal Plus Plan, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted or distributed in any way and nothing on this Site or on any Applications shall be construed to confer any license under any of Legal Plus Plan's intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. See the "Legal Contact Information" below if you have any questions about obtaining such licenses. Legal Plus Plan does not sell, license, lease or otherwise provide any of the Materials other than those specifically identified as being provided by Legal Plus Plan. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Legal Plus Plan.
4. Links to Third Party Sites. This Site and Applications may contain links to websites controlled by parties other than Legal Plus Plan (each a "Third Party Site"). Legal Plus Plan works with a number of partners and affiliates whose sites are linked with Legal Plus Plan. Legal Plus Plan may also provide links to other citations or resources with whom it is not affiliated. Legal Plus Plan is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Site, any website accessed from a Third Party Site or any changes or updates to such sites. Legal Plus Plan makes no guarantees about the content or quality of the products or services provided by such sites. Legal Plus Plan is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Third Party Site. Legal Plus Plan is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Legal Plus Plan of the Third Party Site, nor does it imply that Legal Plus Plan sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, guarantees, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the links. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agree that Legal Plus Plan is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the site administrator for the applicable Third Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such Third Party Site.
License to Use.
Legal Plus Plan grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use our forms (the "Forms") for your own personal, internal business use, or if you are an attorney or professional, for your client. Except as otherwise provided, you acknowledge and agree that you have no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Forms in any manner, except for modifications in filling out the Forms for your authorized use. You shall not remove any copyright notice from any Form.
Resale of Forms Prohibited.
By ordering or downloading Forms, you agree that the Forms you purchase or download may only be used by you for your personal or business use or used by you in connection with your client and may not be sold or redistributed without the express written consent of Legal Plus Plan.
6. DISPUTE RESOLUTION BY BINDING ARBITRATION
First Step: Informal Dispute Resolution: If any dispute, claim, cause of action, or complaint, arises out of, concerns or relates to in any way Legal Plus Plan, (individually a “Dispute,” and collectively “Disputes”), then notice must be provided as specified here. You and Legal Plus Plan agree to send a written notice to the other promptly or no later than when the notifying party reasonably should have known or should have become aware of the Dispute (i.e., when the “Dispute Arises”) and at latest within the Limited Time to File Claims as specified below. This written notice will provide a reasonable description of the Dispute, along with a proposed resolution of it. Notice from Legal Plus Plan to you will be sent to you based on the most recent contact information that you provide to Legal Plus Plan, but if no such information exists or if such information is not current, then Legal Plus Plan shall have no obligation to send you such notice under this section (the “Dispute Resolution Section”). Your notice to Legal Plus Plan must be sent to: Legal Plus Plan, 3636 Birch St, Suite 272, Newport Beach, CA 92660 (ATTN: Legal Department). For a period of sixty (60) days from the date of receipt of notice from the other party, Legal Plus Plan and you will engage in a dialogue in order to attempt to resolve the Dispute, though nothing will require either you or Legal Plus Plan to resolve the Dispute on terms with respect to which you and Legal Plus Plan are not comfortable.
Federal and State Courts in Orange County, California: Except where arbitration is required above or with respect to the enforcement of any arbitration decision or award, or any small claims action, any action or proceeding arising hereunder may only be instituted in a state or Federal court located in Orange County, California. Accordingly, you and the Legal Plus Plan consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for such matters.
“No Class Action Matters”: YOU AND LEGAL PLUS PLAN AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS REGARDING DISPUTES HEREUNDER AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OR AS AN ASSOCIATION. Disputes hereunder will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be joined or consolidated with any other arbitrations or other proceedings that involve any claim or controversy of any other party. There will be no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or on any basis involving Disputes brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public, or other persons or entities similarly situated. But if, for any reason, any court with competent jurisdiction holds that this restriction regarding arbitration on a class-action basis is unconscionable or unenforceable, then the Dispute must be brought exclusively in a State or Federal court located in Orange County, California as set forth above. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Dispute Resolution Section, any and all issues relating to the scope, interpretation and enforceability of the class action waiver provisions contained herein (described in this “No Class Action Matters” section), are to be decided only by a Federal or state court located in Orange County, California, and not by the arbitrator. The arbitrator does not have the power to vary these class action waiver provisions.
Limited Time to File Claims: If you or Legal Plus Plan want to assert a Dispute against the other, then you or Legal Plus Plan must commence it within the applicable statute of limitations from when the Dispute Arises, or it will be forever barred. Commencing means, as applicable, (a) by delivery of written notice as set forth above in the First Step of this Dispute Resolution section, (b) filing for arbitration with the AAA as set forth in Binding Arbitration of this Dispute Resolution section, or (c) filing an action in State or Federal court.
Rights and Responsibilities of Legal Plus Plan
Legal Plus Plan is not the publisher or author of the User Content. Legal Plus Plan takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Although we cannot make an absolute guarantee of system security, Legal Plus Plan takes reasonable steps to maintain security. If you have reason to believe system security has been breached, contact us for help.
If Legal Plus Plan's technical staff finds that files or processes belonging to a member pose a threat to the proper technical operation of the system or to the security of other members, Legal Plus Plan reserves the right to delete those files or to stop those processes. If the Legal Plus Plan technical staff suspects a user name is being used by someone who is not authorized by the proper user, Legal Plus Plan may temporarily disable that user's access in order to preserve system security. In all such cases, Legal Plus Plan will contact the member as soon as feasible.
Legal Plus Plan has the right (but not the obligation), in our sole and absolute discretion, to edit, redact, remove, re-categorize to a more appropriate location or otherwise change any User Content.
Rights and Responsibilities of Legal Plus Plan Users or Other Posters of User Content.
You are legally and ethically responsible for any User Content - writings, files, pictures or any other work - that you post or transmit using any Legal Plus Plan service that allows interaction or dissemination of information. In posting User Content, you agree that you will not submit any content:
Under United States federal law, you retain copyright on all works you create and post as User Content, unless you choose specifically to renounce it. In posting a work as User Content, you authorize other members who have access to that service to make personal and customary use of the work, including creating links or reposting, but not otherwise to reproduce or disseminate it unless you give permission for such dissemination.
You grant Legal Plus Plan a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, sell, distribute, and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium, or technology throughout the world without compensation to you. You have the right to remove any of your works from User Content at any time.
You are not required to provide your real name when signing up as a user of Legal Plus Plan. Legal Plus Plan permits anonymous or pseudonymous accounts. Any user may request that such member's email address be hidden to provide for additional privacy.
Ratings and reviews will generally be posted in two to four business days, however Legal Plus Plan is not obligated to post any user content.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Legal Plus Plan may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and any other administrative purposes. You further agree to that any Legal Plus Plan provider law Firm may contact you regarding your use of the Legal Plus Plan.
9. NO WARRANTY. THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, AND ALL MATERIALS, DOCUMENTS OR FORMS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, LEGAL PLUS PLAN EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
LEGAL PLUS PLAN MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR ANY MATERIALS OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR IN RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
OBTAINING ANY MATERIALS THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. LEGAL PLUS PLAN SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE.
11. Unsolicited Submissions. Except as may be required in connection with your use of Legal Plus Plan Services, Legal Plus Plan does not want you to submit confidential or proprietary information to us through this Site or any Applications. All comments, feedback, information or material submitted to Legal Plus Plan through or in association with this Site shall be considered non-confidential and Legal Plus Plan's property. By providing such submissions to Legal Plus Plan you hereby assign to Legal Plus Plan, at no charge, all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the submissions and any intellectual property rights associated therewith. Legal Plus Plan shall be free to use and/or disseminate such submissions on an unrestricted basis for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the submissions that you provide, including their legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and content.
12. Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws. When accessing LegalPlusPlan.com or other Legal Plus Plan sites, you agree to obey the law and you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright, trademark and other intellectual property ownership. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit or otherwise distribute any information or content in violation of any third party's copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any content you provide or transmit or that is provided or transmitted using your Legal Plus Plan user account.
Legal Plus Plan has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate removal of any content, article or materials that have infringed on the rights of Legal Plus Plan or of a third party or that violate intellectual property rights generally. Legal Plus Plan's policy is to remove such infringing content or materials and investigate such allegations immediately.
14. Compliance with Export Restrictions. You may not access, download, use or export the Site, Applications, or the Materials in violation of United States export laws or regulations or in violation of any other applicable laws or regulations. You agree to comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of any United States or foreign agency or authority and to assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required. You acknowledge and agree that the Materials are subject to the United States Export Administration Laws and Regulations and agree that none of the Materials or any direct product therefrom is being or will be acquired for, shipped, transferred or re-exported, directly or indirectly, to proscribed or embargoed countries or their nationals or used for any prohibited purpose.
15. Personal Use. The site is made available for your personal use on your own behalf.
16. Children. Minors are not eligible to use the Site or Applications and we ask that they do not submit any personal information to us.
18. Copyrights. All Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright ©, Legal Plus Plan. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
22. Inquiries. BY USING LEGAL PLUS PLAN SERVICES OR ACCESSING THE LEGAL PLUS PLAN SITE OR APPLICATIONS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT SUBMITTING YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER TO LEGAL PLUS PLAN VIA THE LEGAL PLUS PLAN SITE OR APPLICATIONS CONSTITUTES AN INQUIRY TO LEGAL PLUS PLAN, AND THAT LEGAL PLUS PLAN MAY CONTACT YOU AT THE NUMBER SUBMITTED EVEN IF SUCH NUMBER APPEARS ON ANY STATE OR FEDERAL DO NOT CALL LISTS (TAKING INTO ACCOUNT INQUIRY EXCEPTION TIME FRAMES AS APPROPRIATE).
23. Right to Refuse. You acknowledge that Legal Plus Plan reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and to cancel user access at any time.
Termination or Cancellation
a. Legal Plus Plan may terminate your use of all or part of the Subscriptions Services in its sole discretion. As your sole remedy, we will refund to you any prepaid fees specifically related to the current term of that Subscription.
b. If you do not pay on the Billing Date, as described in the Billing section above, you can correct your credit card information and pay the outstanding amounts before the one-month anniversary of your Billing Date. If you have not made any payment on your Subscription by the one-month anniversary of your Billing Date, Legal Plus Plan may suspend your service and terminate that Subscription.
c. Your right to use a Subscription is subject to any limits established by Legal Plus Plan or by your credit card issuer. If payment cannot be charged to your credit card or your charge is returned for any reason, including through a chargeback, Legal Plus Plan may, in its sole and absolute discretion, suspend or terminate your access and account, which will terminate these Subscription Terms and our obligations under them. If a charge made to your credit card is declined, Legal Plus Plan may make up to five attempts to bill that card over a thirty-day period.
d. If you wish to reactivate your account after a termination, there will be no setup or reactivation fees. However, if your account was terminated for nonpayment, it will be reactivated only after Legal Plus Plan receives the full amount past due. If an expired account is reactivated, the new term begins on the reactivation date.
a. You may examine these Subscription Terms for ten days after you have received them. If during this period you decide that you are not satisfied with the Subscription Terms, you may have any prepaid amounts refunded, and these Subscription Terms will be considered voided as if they had not been issued.
b. You may cancel your Subscription at any time by calling our Customer Care Center at (888) 538-2717 or email at Cancellation@legalplusplan.com. After you have cancelled, your Subscription will remain active until the end of then-current period.
Updated April 2, 2018